This half Day Golden Horn and Pierre Loti Hill and Miniaturk Tour gives you the chance to visit some of the most popular tourist destinations in Istanbul.
Duration: 4 Hours
Departure: Istanbul Port or Hotel
Visiting: Pierre Loti Hill and Miniaturk Tour includes Pierre Loti Hill – Eyup Sultan Mosque – Miniaturk
Highlights of Golden Horn Pierre Loti Hill and Miniaturk Tour:
- Visit the 3rd most sacred site in the world after Mecca and Jerusalem at the Eyüp Sultan Mosque & Tomb
- Take in wonderful panoramas of the Golden Horn on the Teleferique (cable car)
- Walk in the footsteps of the poet Pierre Loti and see the café where he got his inspiration
- See Turkish life through the ages in miniature at Miniatürk
This half-day Pierre Loti Hill and Miniaturk Tour visits the city’s most sacred site and the 3rd most sacred site in the world after Mecca and Jerusalem. The Eyüp Sultan Mosque is visited by thousands of faithful people every day and you will join in as you explore the Mosque of Eyüp-El-Ensari, flagbearer of the Prophet Mohammed. Eyüp-El-Ensari died in Istanbul during the Arabic siege of the city in the 7th-Century. The old trees, pigeons, praying believers and the large crowd create a mystical and colorful atmosphere around the mosque.
Continue via the Teleferique to the Pierre Loti Coffee House, located on a hill with beautiful trees. Enjoy the wonderful panorama of the Golden Horn and the bird’s eye view of the Horn from the cable car as you ascend 1,800 feet (550 meters) in less than 2 minutes. The coffee house takes its name from Pierre Loti, the French author and poet who was extremely fond of İstanbul and wrote as he sat in the coffee house while enjoying the views. Next visit Miniatürk, an open field of miniature scaled models of the best known masterpieces of Turkey that create a fairy-tale environment of İstanbul, Anatolia and the former Ottoman territories.
It reflects the revival of Turkish culture and history in all its magnificence. Countless human models, situated throughout the park, such as a railroad worker, Muslims in a mosque courtyard, Jews praying in a synagogue, and flower sellers, portray the lifestyle of Turkish society through ages. Spend some time exploring the colorful shopping center, where you can find some of the best souvenirs in Istanbul, before the tour concludes.
At the end of your Golden Horn and Pierre Loti Hill and Miniaturk Tour you will return to the port or your hotel.
Okeanos Travel Offers an unforgettable journey to the stunning city of Istanbul. Contact us today for more information or book your trip now! Don’t forget to check out our website and get exclusive deals on Turkey holiday tours and Turkey Holiday packages.
Images of Pierre Loti Hill and Miniaturk Tour
Important Information About
Pierre Loti Hill and Miniaturk Tour
- Licensed professional guide in English or other preferred language for all sightseeing.
- Air-conditioned luxury vehicle with a professional driver
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Entrance fees to museums and sites according to the above itinerary
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Items of a personal nature
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
- To bring a camera, a sunhat, and to prefer comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
|1 PAX||2 PAX||3 PAX||4 PAX||5 PAX||6 PAX||7 PAX||8 PAX||9 PAX||10 PAX|
|200 $||115 $||90 $||75 $||65 $||60 $||55 $||50 $||45 $||42 $|